Up and Running, Finally


Be sure to check out our new website http://www.AlabamaDailyPainters.com/. The site links to this blog plus several other Alabama painters. Many of the paintings below are available through ebay. Some are already sold, some have been given away, and others are in private collections and won't be for sale.


I hope you enjoy my work. Thanks for your interest. I'm available for commissioned paintings - portraits, pets, etc. Just fire me an email.


May God bless you and yours!


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oriental Pitcher and Fruit


 
I'm working on looser brushwork. I usually paint too tight for my own taste. Probably something in my upbringing about being neat and clean?? My goal this year is to find myself, that is, my "voice" or my "style", and I want it to look like a painting, not a photograph. How am I doing? The bird's nest beside the pitcher was the hardest part of this.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Steve Abbott,
    Out of all your paintings I like 'Oriental pitcher and the fruit'. It has got the right composition, and colours. It is beautiful.
    I too paint a bit, and have this problem of paintings looking like photographs. One arrives at a 'style', and not decides or likes. It is strictly my opinion. Stop worrying about brush strokes and simply paint.

    Sana Bharani

    ReplyDelete